Friday, April 22, 2011

Jesus in the Garden

An opossum stirring in the garden woke me up last night. It was a gift to see the moon shining brightly through the old apple tree. Having watched the movie Jesus of Nazareth, I thought about him as I looked at the moon. This was the same moon he saw in the garden as his disciples were sleeping. The Son of Man was all alone. He prayed, "Father if Thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless, not my will but thine be done." (Luke 22:42). It turned out at that crucial moment an angel came to help him, strengthening Him.

Moonlight flooded my bed and I soaked it up. I thanked the Father for his gift of the Christ. I thought about James Dillet Freeman's poem, I Am There. It's on the moon. Looking at the moon is comforting. God is always with us, we are never alone. He has given his angels charge over us.

Many blessings,

Karen